Friday, October 16, 2009

North Carolina Wine Trip

Traci and I recently got an unexpected free weekend when the grandparents volunteered to keep the kids. I immediately started looking around for things to do and ran across www.visitncwine.com  ,this is a great site that makes it easy to find NC wineries* and wine events. I didn’t realize how many NC wineries there were. We decided this was a perfect choice for a Saturday day trip.

*Just be sure to cross check the winery map with the winery websites and actual addresses. We found 2 that were way off on the map from the actual location.

After a little planning we decided to do a loop and hit Elkin Creek, Grassy Creek, McRitchie, Raffaldini, Laurel Grey, Hutton and Stony Knoll. We had planned to hit Ragapple Lassie and Shelton as well but ran out of time. Oh well, I guess now we’ll have to go back ;)

I’ll try to do individual reviews of each winery and their wines in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment